Monday, April 19, 2010

two years...

Today...we have been married for two whole years. It's hard to believe that we have come so far from where we were just two short years ago. We've had our ups and downs, but overall it's been pretty up :).

It's amazing the things we learn about each other day in and day out - I wonder if it is the same for every married couple. That you're surprised by the things your husband/wife thinks, says, or does on a pretty regular basis...

Things I've learned since being married...

  1. Sometimes things are amazing.
  2. Sometimes they are not.
  3. It's okay to be irritated and mad at each other sometimes.
  4. He will always leave the top of the Q-TIP jar.
  5. Life isn't perfect. 
  6. I can't control everything even though I will try. (This is something Daryl's learned I believe..haha)
  7. Married life is the best. It's better than dating any day.
  8. Feeling this kind of security cannot be matched.
  9. Being married makes you want to be a better person in all aspects of life.
  10. He will always air guitar at every available opportunity - even while doing the dishes.
  11. He will always love me. Even at my worst.  
  12. There is no manual.
  13. Laughter is indeed the best medicine. It fixes all levels of arguments and disagreements. At least for us.
  14. It's okay to thinking differently, as long as you can happily compromise. :) Or at the very least - do it my way. haha...
  15. Life is most certainly a box of chocolates...
I know it seems silly, but sometimes it's nice to remind yourself where you've been and where you are going. I'm just happy to know that I have someone who is along for the ride, no matter what. It's not perfect, but its exactly what I always wanted. I love him. (that's you, D.)

(Photo credit to Matt Yung Photography.)

3 thoughts about this post:

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com April 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Happy anniversary!

T and J April 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Congrats on two years - it only gets better.

Nikki April 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been two years! Yours was still the best wedding I have ever been to...besides my own of course. :)

Read the Printed Word!
excited about pioneering.
worried about $$$$.
reading the bible.
creating a picture wall.
loving my pup.
wondering how to stay on a schedule.
craving simplicity.
listening to mumford+sons.
thankful for forgiveness.
praying for less anxiety.
watching less tv.

who we are...

who we are...

thanks...

for stopping by our little blog! please check out our main website at http://www.handdphoto.com/ for more information about scheduling your session or booking your wedding with h + d! we would love to sit down and chat with you! give us a call at 706.833.7680 if you need too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP