Monday, January 11, 2010

on where we've been...

Holy cow! This new year started off with a bang for us here in the Reid home...
And I mean quite literally a bang.
We have been to prompt care, the emergency room, and soon to a surgeons office all within the last 11 days. Its pitiful really. So here's the scoop. Daryl, while washing dishes like every good husband does :), accidentally fumbled our glass coffee pot and it shattered as he caught it. He was cut just above his middle finger on the top of his hand. We rushed to prompt care to get stitches hoping it would be a more economical cost, only to find out when the stitches came out, that he has cut a tendon. Yep, the tendon is severed and will have to be surgically put back together. His poor little finger just hangs down and he can't lift it. See?


For those of you who know Daryl, you know that he plays the guitar ALL THE TIME so this has put a severe damper on his playing. We hopefully go see a surgeon in the coming week or two about getting the thing back in working order as quickly as possible. Thankfully for photography, its his left hand - unfortunately for guitar, its his playing hand. :( But we are trying to keep positive and the Drs. seem to think it can be fixed so we are gonna go with that! The cool thing though is now he has a wicked "V" scar - what every boy always wanted. A scar with a story. Even if it was made while washing dishes...

On a brighter note, I have recently learned to crochet. I use this term loosely as I have only mastered one and a half stitches. :) But have been crazy creating and getting down to business with making some lovelies.
Here is my very first one ever. A cowl - or a tiny scarf to wear with jackets. And the purple one was my second. The second one was much better as I was finally getting the hang of it. (And no - I did not make the hat - although I plan to learn. Daryl's wonderfully crafty mom made it for me!)




I also recently went over to my Auntie B's house to learn to sew! I'm completely overjoyed and I am excited to start creating more. As part of my goals for the new year, I wanted to get back into the things that I love. The creative side that tends to get pushed to the wayside. My first project is a pillow so I will post pictures as soon as it looks decent! :) There is so much more to come and more photography projects on the way as well! Heres hoping your new year is looking better than ours has!


0 thoughts about this post:

Read the Printed Word!
excited about pioneering.
worried about $$$$.
reading the bible.
creating a picture wall.
loving my pup.
wondering how to stay on a schedule.
craving simplicity.
listening to mumford+sons.
thankful for forgiveness.
praying for less anxiety.
watching less tv.

who we are...

who we are...

thanks...

for stopping by our little blog! please check out our main website at http://www.handdphoto.com/ for more information about scheduling your session or booking your wedding with h + d! we would love to sit down and chat with you! give us a call at 706.833.7680 if you need too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP